After pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding, many women discover that their bodies simply won’t return to their youthful shapes, no matter the amount of exercise, dieting, and physical fitness that they practice. The good news is that women are finding it is possible to once again attain a slimmer and tighter figure with the assistance of the mommy makeover surgery. Our caring and professional team of board-certified plastic surgeons at Romanelli Cosmetic Surgery take great pride in providing the highest level of service to Long Island, NY mommy makeover patients. Dr. James Romanelli and Dr. John Layliev are highly experienced and knowledgeable in all of the procedures associated with a mommy makeover and can recommend a course of action that will best meet your needs and goals.
What Is A Mommy Makeover?
Unlike other cosmetic surgeries, a mommy makeover is not a single, specific, defined procedure. Rather, a mommy makeover refers to a combination of several procedures that are custom-tailored to meet each individual patient’s needs and help them achieve their personal goals and ideal outcome. True to its name, a Long Island, NY mommy makeover is designed for women who are looking to enhance and/or restore their physique and contour after having children. Some of the most common procedures that make up a mommy makeover include:
- Breast Augmentation: an augmentation of breasts to enhance the fullness and volume, typically with silicone or saline implants.
- Breast Lift: a procedure to restore a higher-sitting, more youthful breast position.
- Tummy Tuck: a technique to tighten the abdominal muscles separated after pregnancy and/or remove excess skin and fat from the tummy area.
- Liposuction: the surgical removal of stubborn pockets of fat.
What Can I Expect During and After A Mommy Makeover?
Your surgery and recover can vary somewhat depending on which specific procedures are included in your mommy makeover. However, in general, the surgical expectations and recovery period are fairly similar. Using general anesthesia, patients are asleep and comfortable while the board-certified plastic surgeons at Romanelli Cosmetic Surgery in Huntington, NY perform the procedure(s). An average mommy makeover surgery may last about 2-3 hours, but it can certainly be shorter or longer depending on the complexity of the case and the number of procedures that are involved.
Following the surgery, it is imperative that patients strictly adhere to their post-operative instructions to ensure the best possible cosmetic outcome and, more importantly, a safe recovery. The skilled team at Romanelli Cosmetic Surgery will give you verbal and written guidelines during your recovery based on the procedures that were performed, and you will return to the office for frequent follow up appointments to assess your response and progress in the first few weeks and months.
Because a mommy makeover is typically sought after by mothers who usually still have young children at home, it is crucial that patients plan adequately for the post-operative period. With procedures like a tummy tuck and breast augmentation/lift, patients are required to restrict lifting and physical activity for several weeks following the surgery, so having the proper amount of help around the house – particular for patients with babies, toddlers, and young children, is a must.
Is There Any Scarring?
As with any surgical procedure that requires an incision, patients must have realistic expectations and understand that there will be a resultant scar. However, selecting a competent and experienced surgeon plays an important role in the amount of visible scarring that will be present after your recovery. The renowned board-certified plastic surgeons at Romanelli Cosmetic Surgery take great pride in their ability to skillfully and strategically place incisions in a way that will minimize or even eliminate the appearance of visible scars. Dr. Romanelli and Dr. Layliev are fully dedicated to patient satisfaction, so for those patients who may be less than satisfied with scars from a mommy makeover or previous procedures, we offer a wide variety of treatments that can help correct and reduce the visibility of scars.
Am I An Ideal Candidate For A Mommy Makeover?
Fortunately, because a mommy makeover is a combination of procedures custom-tailored to your specific needs and goals, almost every woman can be considered a good candidate for the surgery. A few requirements, regardless of which procedures are performed, include:
- Good Physical Health: as with any procedure, it is imperative that a patient is in relatively good health, is a non-smoker, and has no contraindications to surgery or anesthesia.
- Proximity to Childbirth/Breastfeeding: it is highly recommended that women undergoing a mommy makeover are done breastfeeding and are committed to having no further pregnancies. With many of the procedures that are part of a mommy makeover in Long Island, pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding can greatly impact, reduce, or reverse the results of the surgery.
- Have Adequate Help: As mentioned above, a mommy makeover is typically a combination of multiple procedures, each of which has its own set of recovery guidelines and restrictions. Women with young children at home are advised to either wait until the child is more physically independent or ensure that they have adequate help lined up for at least the first two weeks following the surgery.
How Do I Get Started?
The most important step in beginning your mommy makeover journey is to select an experienced, knowledgeable, and skilled provider who is experienced in the different cosmetic procedures associated with a mommy makeover. The board-certified physicians at Romanelli Cosmetic Surgery are experts in their fields and have performed countless Long Island mommy makeovers. Both Dr. Romanelli and Dr. Layliev, along with their professional team, take great pride in offering unmatched patient care and consideration in their practice. During your initial visit, your plastic surgeon will take the time to walk you through the mommy makeover process, assess your needs and goals, answer all of your questions thoroughly, and recommend a custom-tailored surgical plan just for you.
Call the Huntington, NY office of Romanelli Cosmetic Surgery to schedule your mommy makeover consultation today, and take the first step toward restoring your pre-pregnancy contour, boosting your confidence, and realizing a whole new you.